Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Erratic sleep again.

Here it is 3 am. I woke up at 2:30 after a restless few hours of sleep. The youngest grandchild slept over and in my room again. But that's not why I was tossing. I had another reconstruction session today and though the pain from them has gotten more manageable it's still upsetting. But then I'm finding a lot to be upsetting lately. I think I need to start painting and freelancing again. If I only had the concentration.

I was reading Ana's post on the wife number. I really enjoy her blog Polygamy 411, and highly recommend it. If anyone knows of a good poly blog written by a man please let me know. I miss reading Hidden Sage's and a couple of others that seem to have gone by the wayside. The man's perspective is so interesting.

Poly blog's are like a support group for me. It can get lonely living in a suburban, non sectarian plural family. For instance, Hubby called me his best friend the other day. What did he mean by that? It's nice to be someone's "best friend" but at this particular juncture in my life I would prefer to be called "lover." What can I say? Anyway, asking an acquaintance or friend who doesn't know my situation doesn't do the trick.

7 comments:

mB said...

Here's a poly blog written by a man: hasn't been updated lately, but might be worth your read!

http://pluralmarriageman.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Here is another one, its quite wordy though but interesting.

http://cintadua.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

erratic sleep;
I just started finding these blogs... I had to comment on the "best friend" comment.. Because that has been used as a weapon from wife #3 and as a "huge complement" from dh ( darling husband) me?? Im fine with best friend, but..I would, like you prefer his lover as well,.. but Like you. we have our intimacy struggles right now . ( my struggles not his)

Hidden Sage said...

Wayside, upside, left side, and right side... :s

Hidden Sage said...

Not every best friend is a lover, but every lover is a best friend. Yet there are things that one can open up with a best friend to that one can't open up with a lover to, that's because the definition of a best friend is wider than that of a lover.

new#3 said...

HS - don't you think that best friend being broader also can ruin some of the romance?

new#3 said...

HS - don't you think that best friend being broader also can ruin some of the romance?