Saturday, August 8, 2009

A week ago

It's been 8 days since surgery. Whatever made me think that I would be blogging when I first got home from the hospital, it was definitely not happening! I slept the first couple of days and barely remember them honestly. To be brutely honest, all I remember was being in terrible pain. The pain has eased up though there remains that god awful pressure feeling at the incisions and occasional waves of pain. Mostly, I'm functioning. I would love to have more use of my arms though because I can't even brew a cup of coffee on my own yet.

#1 and my sister have struck up a friendship! My sister loved her! #1 is my awesome nurse now that I'm home. So far all tests are negative but a pet scan has been ordered for next week and one node shows a VERY small "something". I know the doctor was more detailed with me than that but I'll be darned if I can remember everything.

Hubby's cousin took me to my appointment today, she was a big help since I can't drive yet and she's an upbeat person. I find I can't stay on topic too long or sit still long enough to write much else today, so there may be a spat of brief entries for a while.

9 comments:

.::Tuttie::. said...

wow. Alhamdulillah your recovery is going so well. Alhamdulillah you, your family and your co-wife are getting along. May Allah swt increase the love between you all. ameen. Also can you make the "leave a comment" link darker? It took me a long time to figure it out. I though you had disabled comments.

Older and Weiser said...

Good to hear from you, and I am glad you felt up to giving us an update.

Yeah, that first week is a killer! I understand the arms thing, too--I had breast reduction surgery after after my second fibroid cyst was removed (less tissue equals fewer cysts). I couldn't lift my arms at all!

Prayers that each day gets a little better for you. What wonderful news that your sister and #1 hit it off! Awesomeness came out of something aweful.

Big healing hugs,
~D

Safiyyah said...

Greetings:

So glad to see you posting, and God willing, all will continue to be well.

Anjala said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meggin said...

I'm so glad is over and that you are starting to get better!! I hope healing continues on a quick pace for you!

Anonymous said...

#3 So glad to hear that you are starting to perk up. Don't rush it..take the time youu need to recover. I am glad that the people who you love are learning to love each other also; it sure makes things easier! Withay

Safiyyah said...

@ Anjala - maybe the blog owner here can take your email info and delete your information from here. I'd hate to see you get ignorant email.

Just sayin' ...

Older and Weiser said...

Ack! my post didn't post! I just wanted to say I am tickled that your sis and #1 bonded--yay!

I feel your pain, sweetie--I remember the whole not being able to lift my arms thing--frustrating, ain't it?

Here is to a complete recovery!

~D

new#3 said...

Tuttie-

I can't seem to change the color of the "leave a comment" link :( If anyone can instruct me how to ...please